Samsung. Best phones, WORST PR!

ENGLISH VERSION – SORRY FOR MY SLAPPY ENGLISH!
Everybody knows that Samsung is no. 1 phone manufacturer after Nokia’s crash. (Nokia phone division was bought by Microsoft not so long ago).
And let me tell you why Samsung has the worst PR ever!
1_samsung-logo.
Two years ago i had a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S1 smartphone. Net search shows me no good answer. So, i mailed Samsung to ask about my problem and how to fix it. After two years i’m still waiting for an answer.

The last year i mailed HTC to ask why there is no Andoroid higher than 2.3.6 for my HTC Desire HD. I know there’s tons of aftermarket androids that runs just fine on Desire HD device.
After 3 days, the HTC called! Can you all imagine my surprise when a dude recomands himself from beeing from HTC and he’s ready to give me an answer?
For the record, i’m not a native english spoker (i’m positive that i have a lot of misspelings in the text).

So, on the streat, lots of cars horning all around me, and i was able to have a nice conversation with another person that (i think) wasn’t a natgive english spoker as well.

He told me that all android versions higher than 2.3.6 runs well on devices with 1 GHz ram or higher. And my device has 768 megs of ram. So, the program will run slowly, “snail-like“.
– But i see many aftermarket Androids with custom ROM to run smooth on the HTC Desire HD! i say.
– Yes, that is correct, they only run smooth, but 90% of them crashes when you try to video record on HD resolution. The other 10% crashes when you try to connect to a WI-Fi network.

Remember, that was in February 2012, allmost 2 years ago!

So, HTC – fast respond, nice Pr. They got time to call an Romanian customer to explain the problem.
Samsung… Worst PR ever. And you all see what was the answer to Haotik‘s campain? I mean, the Romanian Samsung division (never the less i mailed the koreean Samsung for my problem, as well as the romanian division).

Varianta românească.
Diovizia de PR (relații cu clienții) de la Samsung, e-n pom. Și pomul la pământ.
Le-am dat mail acum 2 ani să-i întreb de niște erori la un Galaxy S1. Nici până-n ziua de azi n-au răspuns. În aceeași zi am trimis mail și la HTC, să-i întreb de ce nu s-au scos versiuni mai noi de 2.3.6 de Android pentru telefonul Desire HD.

htc-logo
După 3 zile mă sună un nene (am impresia că nici el nu era vorbitor de limbă engleză – probabil vreun chinez), care mi-a explicat că Androidul de peste 2.3.6 rulează numai pe 1 giga Ram. Iar aparatul meu nu are decât 768 mega ram.
– Bine, dar am văzut android 4 pe HTC desire HD.
– Așa este, însă 90% din terminale se blochează când vrei să filmezi la rezoluție maximă, iar celelalte 10% se blochează când vrei să te conectezi la o rețea wireless.

Asta a fost în februarie anul trecut, acum nu știu cum mai stau băieții la capitolul ăsta (probabil au renunțat să mai facă ceva, telefonul fiind prea vechi…)
Așadar, divizia de PR a Samsungului e nasoală rău (știți ce răspuns a primit Haotik în cadrul campaniei lui!).
Iar divizia de PR a HTC-ului este de admirat. Au avut timp să sune un client din România să-i explice ce și cum!

Aceasta postare a fost citita de 1300 ori !

Comments

comments

There are 4 comments left Go To Comment

  1. Servicii F /

    Daca tehnic nu reusesc sa se ridice la nivelul celor de la Samsung atunci se se afirme macar la nivel de PR.

    1. Spanac / Post Author

      Se ridică bine merci, dacă mă întrebi pe mine. Uite de exemplu, modelul One X dual sim. Rupe orice scos de Samsung. În afară de note 3 și round, abia scoase pe piață…

  2. Razvan /

    Little dude, nu PR-ul iti raspunde la astfel de chestii, ci customer service (depinde de la companie la companie).
    Tu cui ai trimis intrebarea? Esti sigur ca a ajuns unde trebuie? Poate e-mail-ul a ajuns in SPAM.

    1. Spanac / Post Author

      Le-am dat pe 2 mailuri diferite… De 2 ori.

Leave a Reply